Tuesday 15 December 2009

My situation was difficult. I believed God wanted me to go on a mission trip to Kenya for 5 weeks but my workplace policy was such that I could only take two weeks time off at a time. After praying about the matter I approached my manager who pointed out that nobody was given five weeks off. He then said that he would, however consider it and to come back to him at a later date. It was at that 'later time' I approached him again where he told me to put my request in writing. I should at this point share with you one or two complications.
Firstly our church will be sending a team ouit to Romania next year and I really want to be there.
Secondly I have a plan for a local mission in Northampton which would mean taking yet another week off.
In short, even if I were to get the five weeks off for Kenya I only have five weeks holiday entitlement per year. How would I get the time off to go to Romania and be part of the local mission as well?

I recieved a letter back from my employer stating that firstly I WOULD BE GIVEN THE FULL FIVE WEEKS I had requested! Secondly they would only be prepared to give me two weeks of it as holiday entitlement. The rest would have to be taken unpaid. This took me aback a bit. After all I simply can't afford to take three weeks off work unpaid. However within the hour my manager approached me asking me if I had read the letter yet and suggested a way {without any word from me} how I could be financially covered for the rest of my time off. The way he has worked it out means that I won't lose a penny for having five weeks off work .Everything is covered! What's more, because I have only taken tow weeks of my holiday entitlement I still have time for the Romainia trip and the local mission!!!

God knows exactly what he is doing even when we don't see how it can happen!!!

regards...Steve

No comments: