Wednesday 2 December 2009

This is a mission trip that, according to natural logic at least, shouldn't be happening.

A few months ago at work during one of the quieter periods my mind began to dream up my ideal trip and I wrote out what I would like to do if I could take all five weeks of my holiday entitlement from work. I should explain that this was very impractical because my workplace does not allow people to take more than two weeks off at any one time. Nonetheless I figured it didn't do any harm to fantasise and besides, I strongly believed that God wanted me to return to Kenya and if it was His will then nothing could stop me.
I also did a basic costing and the total I needed was way out of my league at the present time. I figured that if God wanted me to go then, like last time, He would provide for me financially. Anyway much as it is fun imagining how things could be there is a difference between writing something down and actually doing something about it and after my initial excitement I began to think in a more level headed manner. I mean, after all, for something like this to happen it really would need divine intervention and how did I know for sure that I wasn't being over ambitious?
Later that same day I received a text out of the blue from a friend of mine at church called Patsy. This is what is said.
CAST YOUR BURDEN ON THE LORD AND HE WILL SUPPORT YOU. HE WILL NEVER ALLOW THE RIGHTEOUS TO BE SHAKEN.....Psalm 55 v 22

This was my burden. The thing that was on my mind that I didn't know how to resolve and here was someone who hardly ever texted me sharing a scripture with me that seemed to relate exactly to my situation. If God will not allow the righteous to be shaken then this plan MUST come to pass. He will not allow anything to get in the way. That text was the prompting I needed at exactly the right time to put in a request for five consecutive weeks off work and begin to prepare for the next mission trip abroad. In these next few posts that I will put up over the coming days and weeks I am going to share with you a series of events which to my mind are so clearly miraculous and evidence that God does indeed answer prayer.

God bless you...Steve

No comments: