Saturday 7 May 2011

Time to return

The last day was good all round. We has a good prayer meeting in the morning and I preached on something I hadn't even written down fully in sermon form. I had some notes scribbled down but it worked very well. I had the concept very much in my mind anyway and managed to find time between sessions to write it down more fully.
Both the groups at the morning prayer and lunchtime meetings took what is called a love offering. Basically they take up a special offering as a mark of appreciation for the minister. They keep telling me they want me to come back. I had it in mind to return next year. Anyway, we shall see. I hope so.


The evening meeting in Ukunda was good as well. We had a time of prayer ministry at the end but there were so many who came forward there was no time to pray individually however I did have the chance to pray for one woman who was suffering from leg and chest pains who was healed.

So now it's time to return home which will involve waiting for hours at the airports in Mombasa and Nairobi.{yawn} Perhaps getting back in time for the Sunday morning service to see everyone. {very good}. Eating Sunday lunch with the Gheorghe family. {very, very good} and going back into work on Monday {hmmmm? Could I extend my stay another week?} Also Fran has promised to beat me up if I come back to England with a tan! {now where's that long sleeve shirt and ski mask?}. Ah, and I also remember a promise of a game of football with a certain Mr Kelly. {I think I'll comeback to England after all}

See you all soon.....steve

No comments: