Wednesday 4 May 2011

Very busy final week

I now have a full schedule for the final week. Every day I get to minister for around 20 minutes at a morning prayer meeting in the city centre Then I attend and preach at a lunchtime meeting {different from the one on the first week} In the evenings we go to Ukunda.

Well, where do I start. I sat in a restaurant the other day about an hour after hearing the Osama Bin Laden is dead and tried to pick up on an intense political debate between a table of Muslims. Most christians I speak to are very happy. Bin Ladens death may save many other lives. The bible says God has no pleasure in the death of the wicked but at the same time it also says when the wicked perish the righteous rejoice. Kenya has suffered horribly at the hands of terrorists. Hopefully Bin Ladens demise will spare the lives of many, many others.

The meetings are going well with the messages very well received. Ukunda is an excellent young church. The saints are stirred up and passionate for Jesus. They are opposed in the area by some of the Muslims and the local witch doctor who is demanding their removal because while they are their none of his magic is working and he is losing a lot of money. Hallelujah!! The church only have a temporary accommodation but are very responsive, open to the word of God and it is great to preach here.

Today I ministered at a pastors meeting as well so thats four meetings I am at today.I'm enjoying every minute of it.

regards...steve

1 comment:

Louise and Lennox said...

Hi Steve
Can't believe how you keep going on such a busy schedule. Praying especially for health and strength for you and that people will find healing and salvation as they touch the robe of Jesus. Great news about the witch doctor!
God bless you.