Thursday 5 May 2011

Ukunda

Some amusing signs I've seen recently.

I saw a boat by the Mombasa beach a few days ago with the sign,'Don't jump in the water if you can't swim' Not sure if this is Swahili humour or a reflection on the intellectual level of the average tourist they get round here.
I also saw a sign which read something like 'Makawezi silent bar'. A silent bar in Kenya?! That's a likely as a vegetarian lion. If it really is silent then I bet it's a very empty bar. People love their music over here. It's a bit like setting up a bar in Rio and advertising it as a football free zone!

The meetings in Ukunda are going very well. Last night a man came in and gave his life to Jesus. The church are greatly stirred and so am I. The prayer meetings are going well as well. I noticed that the 'bag' Man utd had the title in has now become a bag with a hole. {come on Chelsea!}

see you all soon...steve

No comments: