Saturday 7 September 2013

3 days of heaven, 3 nights of hell & morning in Juba.

Greetings from the wonderfully chaotic and humid city of Juba! I arrived this morning and am looking forward to God doing great things.....It has been a very contrasting mission so far. 3 days of mission work followed by 3 days of waiting. 3 days of God moving and 3 days of everything going wrong but praise God, even amid the growing frustration God was teaching me to trust him. We have spent the last three days running around and getting nowhere. The level to which people can waste my time and fail to get even basic things done has amazed and frustrated me but I am learning to truth God even in this....On friday we went to the South Sudanese embassy to see if my incomplete application was accepted and miraculously it was without question. Hallelujah!....Now I am sitting in a mud hut with a laptop {surreal}. I am here until next friday. We will be preaching in churches and doing daily street crusades as well as visiting an orphanage where I will be giving out sweets donated by a friend of mine. I have other things I have brought as well........I am especially looking forward to visiting the orphanage because I felt very stirred to pray for this some months ago and have something on my heart I want to share with them......There are somethings to pray for here.......There is a lot of animism practiced in South Sudan so pray that these spirits would be defeated in Jesus name and they would be rendered useless.....There is much nominal Christianity here as well. Pray that they will know the true gospel which sets people free and brings them into a living relationship with Jesus....After 20 years of conflict with the North, many people wonder why God allowed the disasters and genocide of this generation to happen. Pray that the healing touch of God would be experienced in this damaged community......Pray also for the orphans that they would come to know God as a loving and ever present Father and pray for my meeting with them. I believe it is a divinely timed meeting.....Pray also for my safety in this area. South Sudan is a crazy place which has been likened to the wild west. {Even the president wears a cowboy hat! hehe.}....Also pray for good communication, there are a number of languages here. The main one is Arabic.{I will, of course, have a translator when I preach}.....Pray for door to door ministry. I felt such a favour of God in Nairobi when praying with people. It is a blessed ministry and people so appreciate a visitor coming into their homes.....Pray also for the street crusades. Believe God for many conversions and healings and maybe even deliverance from demon possession. Also pray that I may operate in spiritual gifts and particularly discernment......May God bless you as you pray....Steve

No comments: