Wednesday 20 January 2010

Firstly a big thank you to all those who are praying for this mission. We are really seeing God do some wonderful things here in the Bungoma region of Kenya.

1 / 'Jesus Christian Church' TULUMBA
We went here on Tuesday morning. It is a small congregation meeting in a mud hut church in the rural area of Tulumba outside of Bungoma. As I prepare messages on the various titles and names given to Jesus, God is helping me to see these things in a new way. At the time of prayer at the end two people suffering from physical pain in relation to their illness were relieved of all symptoms. {Praise God!}. We also prayed for a baby whose mother told us the child had malaria. Please remember this child in your prayers and ask that God grants the baby a full recovery.
For the first time during the prayer part of the meetings I felt I ought to pray against demonic causes of sickness. It was only afterwards I found out that this area is a stronghold of occult practices. God is truly helping us with knowing what to preach and what to pray. Please pray for the church also that they would be a shining light in this community in Tulumba and that their faith in Christ as the one who defeated the power of evil would grow and grow.

2/ 'In Jesus Global Mission' KIMANTUNI
Ithink this is about as far out in the sticks you can get! We travelled along dirt tracks and grassy lanes for the best part of an hour to get here. The church was another tiny mud wall building but was packed with around 80 people with others standing outside to listen to the word of God. I was going to preach on Joshua in the old testament {I used the same message at one of our A.W.E services back home some time ago} only to realise late on that I'd picked up the initial rough notes I made at work rather than the finished sermon! Thankfully as I glanced at the notes while preaching it all came back to me and the message was very well recieved. At the end 3 or four people who were not christians put their faith in Christ and committed their lives to him. Please pray for these new converts. Pray that they would learn quickly how to live as effective christians and would find key relationships with saints in the church who can guide them.

Two more people were healed immediately after recieving prayer including a man who had suffered a consistant headache for the last two years. He left the church without any pain at all!!! I would ask that you remember a young man who came forward at the end to be prayed for. He has epilepsy.

3 / Visitation.
We also had the chance to visit the homes of some people in the church to pray a blessing over their lives including the local pastor and a faithful godly woman who requested that we pray for her husband who is not yet a christian.

Wednesday - 'In Jesus Global Mission' LUMBUKA
Another church way out in the middle of nowhere. This congregation consisted of around 15 people and their church building was little wider than some corridors. The service went really well with a number of people rededicating their lives to Christ and a couple of people again healed and relieved of pain. However something different happened when I prayed for the last person to come forward {a woman and her baby} Both had chest and breathing problems. As I prayed I felt God tell me to stop praying because the root of the problem was her involvement in witchcraft and to deal with that instead. There and then she basically threw a fit and was writhing over the floor {I guess if you've never seen any thing like that It could really freak you out!} After several of us prayed with her for a few minutes she was perfectly alright. Part of the sermon before majored on the fact that when Jesus died on the cross his sacrifice not only means means our sins can be forgiven but that through Jesus we have the power to break the things that the devil uses to hold people captive.

I know some people in England struggle to get their heads round things like healing miracles and demonic possession but if anyone doubts these things then just come to places like this. It really hits you how God has the power to heal and deliver people. I really thank God for helping me in preaching what he wants the people to hear and that he is making such a difference in peoples lives. Everywhere I go people in the churches are saying how big a difference I made and that they are changed forever but for me this is all down to God. I can't get over the fact that God would take someone like me who has done so much bad in life, change him and even make him a preacher. All I've done is follow what I believed God wanted. The miraculous power is from God and He deserves all the praise. I'm just thankful that I can be a part of all this.

In the next two days we visit rural churches in Bukempe and Kimilili.

Bwana asifiwe! {praise the Lord}

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your update Steve. We do thank God for His work there in Kenya and continue to pray for you each day.

God bless, John & Marion