Sunday 10 January 2010

In five days I will be flying out for Kenya. It's been a little concerning over the last few days watching the news and seeing the disruption to transport services and airports along with predictions that this cold weather will last for another week. Nevertheless I figure if God has got me this far he can be trusted to get me the rest of the way.

From Bungoma to in the west of the country to Mombasa on the east coast I expect to be kept busy. {which is how I like it}. The churches there are strongly evangelistic and are very responsive and so I anticipate seeing conversions. {They are not shy about inviting people to church}. I will be doing what are called revival/healing services which is really like a regular church service but is aimed at stirring and equipping the church to rise up and advance the kingdom of God. There is an opportunity at the end for people to respond to the message, either to commit their lives to the Lord or for a miracle of healing or some other pressing need in their lives.

Some of the churches I will be visiting are in the slum areas of the capital, Nairobi. They simply can't afford medical care so a miracle is often their only hope. It's strange when I think of it but as a new convert the idea of believing God for miraculous healing seemed very difficult indeed. Now I look back at all the things I've seen God do I can only be encouraged and greatly emboldened to believe that God will do something special and also act on that faith.

I'm going to be taking some recording equipment with me so I can get some of the accounts of what happened first hand. I will be looking to interview some of the people I saw last time and some of the people God touches this time around. Together with details {names, places, witnesses ect} these accounts will go onto a website I've been planning for some time which will feature testimonies from all kinds of people regarding their own experience of God.

I will be providing some prayer points very soon before I go.

regards...Steve

No comments: