Monday 18 January 2010

Here at last - The first few days.

Here at last!!!

Things have either gone very right or very wrong. I only found out on wednesday that I would not get my entire holiday pay before I left like everyone else. For some reason I will be paid it on a week by week basis which means I will only get the first week of my holiday pay a week after I reach here. At one point I wondered if I had the funds to complete the first week! God is in control though and I only just missed a domestic flight to Eldoret and so had to get another one that turns out to be around half the price I would have paid before.

The first couple of days in Bungoma have been excellent. They have put on a two day conference bringing in many pastors and leaders of their churches in the region. The messages went down really well and the prayer time at the end was very good too. I'm starting to recover from the lack of a nights sleep after the overnight stop in Dubai airport and God is really helping me with the messages.

The pastor of the Bungoma church wants to send me to various churches in the region over this week so I'll be travelling with him to one location, preaching then going to do the same somewhere else the same day. We have great times of fellowship and have some really good conversations. I've already met many Kenyan pastors who have established their own churches and even some than have gone into areas that didn't have a church before.

I've managed to find a way around the financial difficulty mentioned above and although things are tight God is blessing me. Numerous people have made unsolicited donations which has made a big difference. One of the things that has really touched me is how so many have been encouraged by the word of God so far. God has really been helping me and despite the fact I'm preaching twice a day I'm finding the time to write sermons {usually the same morning or the night before!}

Please pray for travelling mercies and the churches I will be visiting, for an outpouring of God's Spirit, conversions and healings. God is very very good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping us updated Steve. we continue to pray for you. God bless, John & Marion.