Wednesday 3 February 2010

Fantastic Tuesday.

Things really took off on Tuesday. During the pre service time of prayer I noticed a group of 5 young men hanging around on a nearby street corner. I felt quite clearly that God wanted me to speak to them. I wasn't really sure I wanted to approach total strangers on the street but I didn't have any peace until I did it and so I took someone with me to interpret and introduced myself to them. It turns out these guys call themselves tax collecters. {ie : they demand money with menaces from people coming home from work} They had no work and were hungry so said they had no choice but to do this. I had no money so couldn't give them anything to eat but invited them into the church and they all came straight in. {I didn't expect it to be that easy!} By the end of the service three of them responded to the message of the gospel and committed their lives to Christ along with a member of the church who felt the need to recommit herself to the the Lord. It turns out that these men had attended the church some years back but had drifted away for whatever reason and now had got themselves into a bad lifestyle. During the time of prayer and ministry at the end we also had 2 people come forward to be prayed for to recieve healing and both were healed immediately.

The three men in question were adament about coming to the church today and one in particular said the message helped him to see things differently and that he was determined to follow Jesus for good this time. Please pray for these three men that God would meet their needs and keep them from getting back into trouble and that God would help them reestablish their relationship with him. Pray also for the other two men that God's word would stay with them and bear fruit and that we would see them again.

God bless you...Steve

No comments: