Monday 8 February 2010

Challenges, souls saved and people healed.

It has been a busy and productive weekend. On Saturday evening I went to Robert Muindi's church in Nairobi {All nations church}. They are connected with 'All Nations' church in Northampton. The service went well and Robert expressed his desire that when I return to Kenya I would have more time to be with his church.

Sunday went very well. In the mother church of 'church of the Lord' which is based in Dandora,Nairobi I had the chance to lead the first session which was very well recieved before we rushed off to one of their their churches in the slum area of 'Ngomongo'. The small church was packed full of people and we saw two people who has previously backslidden return to the Lord and a number of others come forward for prayer for healing. We prayed for 5 sick people. One man had suffered from dental pain for weeks after seeing a dentist and was immediately healed along with 3 others. Please pray for a woman who came for prayer. She has contracted malaria. Given how easily and quickly we saw people healed she may be healed already but there is no harm in praying anyway.

The evening saw me back in Dandora for another service and teaching session with a positive response. Today I get the chance to relax until the evening. I will probably be ministering in and around Nairobi through to Wednesday. Thursday I will be travelling with Bishop Abednego to Mombasa {tbc} the spouse of a very close pastor friend has passed away and they will need to be there for the funeral. Please remember bishop Abednego and his family in your prayers as this is something which has touched all of them.

God bless you...Steve

ps : I am reliant on someone from England to send me the money I am being paid week by week but they are already a week late and seem totaly unaware of how difficult this makes things for me. I will need something to pay a deposit to the hotel in Mombasa on Thursday and the balance by the time I leave a week later. It is sometimes difficult to concentrate on what I'm here to do when I'm worrying whether my money is going to be sent on time. {God is helping me to stay calm ....only just!} If they send what they should be sending then everything will be just about covered but as yet I have nothing. Please pray that they would do what I need when I need it.

No comments: