Friday 12 February 2010

First day in Mombasa. {hitting the ground running}

Today is our first full day in Mombasa and I am with Ken Opera {a local minister who has been here for 4 years}. They have a busy itinerary for me and today we went visiting people including the pastor of the church I will be ministering at on Sunday. {psr. Safari}. We prayed with his family and at this moment his elderly father is in the house and has been unwell for some time and is very thin.
We also visited another local pastor. Her name is Rose and we hope to be seeing her family again this week as our visit was only very brief. She has a son named Peter who is suffering from psychological problems after being drugged at a party many months ago. They told me he has shown signs of improvement but he is incapable of helping himself and has to be fed. We will pray for him during the week so please pray with me also and I hope we will see signs of recovery before I return to the U.K.
We also visited a woman whose daughter passed away last monday and she is due to travel up country to the funeral early next week. Please also remember her in your prayers.
It has now been 4 weeks in Kenya but I am believing God that he has saved the best for last. There will be much to do and I am encouraged to hear that many of the pastors in the city meet together and work together. There are many people who have come to the city looking for work who have a christian background or influence but who do not attend any church. Pray also that we will see many of these people come in to our services and events.

God bless you...Steve

No comments: