Monday 15 February 2010

Kanamai - Many healings and conversions.

Today we went to Kanamai which is just outside the Mombasa region to a village church which meets in the shade of the trees. {They don't have their own building} There is a ministry there which tends to many widows and orphans.
When we drove into the area we saw around 300 people around waiting for us to arrive and they had put on a special service for us, making us feel especially welcome with singing, dancing and also a drama presentation. It was really good.
When I had the chance to preach I chose as my subject 'The wonderful Jesus' basing it on the name that the prophet Isaiah gave him {Isaiah ch 9 v 6} and explaining why Jesus was called wonderful. I was unaware at the time that there were also muslims present as I shared with the crowd a time when a young muslim man came to our church and debated the pastor at the end and the pastor challenged him by saying 'What has Allah EVER done for you PERSONALLY?' I made the point that the young man had no response to this which was the case with so many muslims but Jesus is truly wonderful. I could spend all day speaking of the wonderful things he has personally done in my life. At the end of the preaching section I gave people an opportunity to come forward for prayer and 7 muslims came forward for prayer to give their lives to Jesus. There were just so many people who wanted prayer it was impossible to pray with people individualy as I usually do so we led those who wanted to give their lives to Christ through a mass prayer. {I counted a total of 22 people who made that commitment today although there were probably more.
We still prayed individually for many people who requested it but we also had a mass prayer for all who were sick and asked for those who could feel physical pain at the start but after prayer had no pain to lift their hands. {The interpreter reiterated the request insisting that only those who wetre genuinely healed should raise their hands} He counted a total of 46 people who had recieved a supernatural healing. {There were numerous muslims among this groups also}

Today has been unprecidented in terms of results for which we give thanks to God. We also prayed for a young girl who is due to be taken to the captial Nairobi for a heart operation but we are believing God that she has been healed. Please remember also another young girl who has athma and tuberculosis. We prayed specifically for this girl but no obvious results {as yet}. The local minister will bring a report to the minister I am working with which hopefully he will pass onto me so I'm hoping for many confirmed testimonies of what God has done here.

Tommorrow we will be in Salem church which is close to where I am staying.

God bless you...Steve

No comments: