Thursday 14 April 2011

God's favour / Prayer points

Around 24 hours to go before I fly out. It was good to be at the church prayer meeting last night especially as people prayed for me and the trip.

Each time I have been to this country I have seen God's favour and this time is no different. When I planned what I needed for this trip I realised I would need God's help. I calculated how much I could reasonably save and estimated how much I would need to earn in overtime along with praying that a certain amount would come in donations.

The overtime I get from my workplace is sporadic so I prayed and from that point there was plenty of overtime available. What made it all the more remarkable was when there was nothing available for anyone else and I was still asked to come in on a Saturday. {It was like they were finding things for me to do!}. The amount I needed to earn this way came in faster than I estimated. I've also had enough in donations to comfortably cover expenses. It was not as much as I had originally planned for but with other costs going down and the extra money coming in through overtime work it has turned out to be just right. God knows what He is doing.

My only remaining concern was over this final week of work {I fly out on Friday evening on an overnight flight}. All the extra work leaves me tired and I could really do with an easier schedule at work this week. Again no problem. Last week my supervisor came to me and told me....That's it! No more overtime. We have no more available......So all the extra work came in just as I needed it and as all costs were covered and I needed a break from overtime before I fly out it suddenly stops. There are coincidences and there are 'God-incidences'. Praise God, I am already excited about what is going to happen on this trip and my level of faith and expectation is rising.

POINTS FOR PRAYER # Pray that the journeys would go without any problems.
# Pray also that I would get rid of a cold I have had for the past week.
# Pray regarding my plans to go to Romania later this year {I know, I know. I'm not even on the plane yet and I'm thinking about the next trip but when I was there last summer it was very much on my heart to return and to one place in particular.} Pray for God's guidance and favour in His purposes.

God bless you...steve

No comments: