Monday 18 April 2011

A word for intercessors.

One of the men of the old testament who was a military leader responsible for the defence of his country prayed 'Lord, teach my hands to war' These are the words that came to me as I was praying for the group of intercessors that have committed themselves to pray for me and the mission daily while I am over here.

Paul the apostle states that "we wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities and powers....against spiritual wickedness in high places." I felt God wanted me to share this word with the intercessors. God wants to teach us how to do battle spiritually in prayer but first we have to ask for his help. We don't always know what to or how to pray but God can teach us. I want to encourage you to ask God to 'teach my hands how to war' spiritually speking. The spiritual challenges here in Mombasa are significant but through Christ we can overcome all.

Be assured that I take time to pray for you all as you stand in prayer for me.

God bless you...steve

No comments: