Tuesday 10 April 2018

From a beggar to a prince

Monday and today are focused on some interesting meetings on Mombasa Island. There is a long standing ministry here who have a facility right in the heart of Mombasa and provide a spiritual oasis during the working day. There is a strong emphasis on worship here and it comes with such a clear sense of God's presence.

I had the chance to attend and speak at one of their well attended meetings and address Christians from many different churches. I had all my notes on a doc on my phone which, for some reason repeatedly refused to open once I was there. It did not matter one bit as once I got up to speak it went really well.

I shared a word about the blessing in the beatitudes and how God takes us from the place of being beggars totally unable to help themselves and utterly reliant on the grace of another to the position of being a Prince in the kingdom.
It was later that the devout lady who runs this ministry told me that there are many ministers in Kenya who live in extreme poverty because that's what they believe being 'poor in spirit' means rather than seeing themselves as humbly reliant on God's grace.

These two days are an opportunity to slow down after 3 messages a day and have some time to focus on the ministry for the rest of the week and the crusade.
I am back in the lunchtime meeting on Tuesday and on Wednesday the ministry at one of the churches in Mombasa will be added to that.

Right now I am in my hotel room and I can hear the Muslim call to prayer from the mosque just 50 metres down the road. Thankfully I had an early night and the 4.30am call to prayer didn't wake me up. I was already awake!

No comments: